Lee & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers, a firm with expertise in plaintiff litigation. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Legal Assistant with Tort experience.
· Prepare, serve and file pleadings, motion/application records and perfect appeals.
· Prepare and update briefs and other court documents, correspondence and administrative materials for lawyer review.
· Compile affidavit of documents, arrange discoveries and serve notices of examination.
· Draft correspondence to defense counsel, insurance companies, medical institutions and clients.
· Keep cases organized by establishing and maintaining files. Schedule, monitor and maintain calendars and meeting deadlines. Documents and follows up on actions required.
· Professional interact with all firm members and clients
Attributes & Experience:
· Minimum 2+ years’ experience working within a similar role. Law firm exposure required.
· Hands on experience working with court and ministry forms within the litigation practice areas
· Sounds understanding of Rules of Civil Procedure.
· In-depth knowledge of business and legal terminology
· Excellent technical proficiency in PCLAW, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Calendar).
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner and provide exceptional client service.
· Possesses excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to work with limited instruction or supervision and the internally motivated.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Excellent organizational and proof-reading skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with ease.
· Proven track record of working with confidential information.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Lee & Associates welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email referencing the above job title in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALL & NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company events & social hours
Reference ID: 15012020-STE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Personal Injury Law clerk: 2 years (Required)