FFAW-Unifor is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will aid in the management of accounting operations to generate reliable financial information in a timely manner.
· Maintain accurate financial records and supporting documentation
· Assist with the preparation and analysis of timely financial statements
· Assist with account and intercompany reconciliations
· Prepare federal and provincial government reporting requirements
· Assist with month-end and year-end close procedures
· Assist with the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets
· Assist with annual audit preparation and completion
· Support payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Other duties as required
· Post-Secondary education in accounting or business (BCom, BBA or diploma in accounting)
· Enrollment in or completion of the CPA program would be considered an asset
· 3-5 years of experience in accounting in a similar role
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial information
· Exercise strong judgement and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Incredible attention to detail
· Knowledge of AccPac is considered an asset
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
FFAW-Unifor is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from equity seeking groups.
The position is based in St. John’s, NL. Resumes should be sent with a cover letter and references via email to [email protected] by Monday, October 2nd, 2023.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John'S, NL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally permitted to work in Canada?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-02