Clerk – Payroll
The Clerk – Payroll position is responsible for matching invoices to receiving documents and purchase orders; verifying prices, extensions and taxes; G-L coding of invoices; batching matched invoices for approval; entering approved invoices into computer; and initiating and performing cheque runs.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Month end accrual of all outstanding invoices and reconciliation of supplier statements and outstanding invoices.
- Preparation of customer invoices from shipping documents and preparation of daily sales reports.
- Posting customer payments, and preparing deposits.
- Preparation and balancing of bi-weekly payroll for employees including deductions.
- Administration of payroll involving ADP payroll services.
- Preparation of payroll initiated remittances (WSIB, Cooperators, Manulife).
- Preparation of quarterly Stepping Stool bonuses and lump sum payments.
- Responsible for adjusting irregularities in pay.
- Responsible for distribution and or direct deposit of payroll cheques.
- General Ledger.
- Verify accuracy of all relevant documents.
- Maintaining computerized records and or for providing data for input into general account system.
- Formulating and checking entries and totals, balancing at regular intervals needed for bank reconciliation.
- Processing various business transactions.
- Provide support in the form of general office duties i.e. bank runs, receptionist coverage, etc.
- Practice safe work habits (housekeeping, hazard identification).
- Adhere to all company policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management system standard.
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
- Minimum five years experience in an accounting field, specifically payroll administration.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll systems, ezLabour, and Pay Specialist considered an asset.
- Proficient in computer applications i.e. Windows, Excel, Word, Access, knowledge of Crystal Reports considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of AS400 and Visual Manufacturing systems.
- Enrollment of certification in Canadian Payroll Association Level 1, an asset.
- Familiar with manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Able to work overtime or under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills interfacing with various department personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information received from the customers and company.
- Be well organized and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Current Shift Days
Employment Type Full Time Salary
Percentage of Travel Required 0%