Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 16 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Environmental Health & Safety Internship:
As an environmental, health and safety management intern, you will gain exposure to the development and implementation elements of our overall safety and/or environmental management systems that satisfy both internal and external requirements. You will be exposed to evaluation of trends, root cause analysis, the development/implementation of basic safety/ergonomics/EHS/environmental programs, departmental safety meetings, compliance activities and corporate responsibility activities. You may interact with all levels of employees from production workers to top location and business leadership.
This role involves physical activity in agricultural, food and feed processing environments, which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis–involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing more than 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (e.g. heat, cold, dust).
- Cargill offers relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Guelph, ON (Dunlop)
- Plant setting
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in ergonomics/human factors, occupational safety, or a safety-related degree graduating between December 2020 and August 2022.
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Able to complete a 16-week internship May - August 2020
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Other Locations Canada