Walker ClimateCare has been providing expert heating, cooling, and indoor air quality solutions for residential and commercial customers for over 35 years. We are personal climate experts, and more – we’re also your neighbors. Our qualified, expert technicians live and work in the Cornwall area. You can count on us to provide outstanding customers service, quality products, and the right price, each and every day.
We are a proud member of ClimateCare - Ontario's largest HVAC co-operative, an independent network of trained and expert heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors.
Walker ClimateCare is currently seeking a General Manager for their office in Cornwall, responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the total business including Sales, Service, and Administration. This role is actively involved with driving performance and desired growth.
Within the scope of the role, you will:
- Lead a team of 20+ employees
- Manage full employee life cycle including recruitment, training, total rewards, employee relations, and performance management
- Assist in developing and communicating the strategy of the Company
- Develop the annual budget and manage on an on-going basis
- Maintain and analyze metrics for each business area
- Ensure overall Sales targets are met
- Provide support to employees towards achievement of organizational and individual goals; motivate and influence change when targets are not being met
- Assist in making advertising decisions
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A university degree in Business Management or equivalent in education and/or experience
- Experience leading a business or a large business unit
- Several years of experience successfully leading a team
- Strong background in Finance and Sales
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and motivational skills
- Strong initiative, decision making, and problem solving skills
- A hands-on manager comfortable in all areas of the business
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and exposure to accounting software
- Valid Ontario driver’s license is required
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their resume.
We are committed to employment diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leading a Business: 3 years (Required)
- People Leadership: 5 years (Required)