WHO YOU ARE
- You love working in a fast-paced distribution environment!
- You don’t mind standing, lifting or walking around for long periods of time.
- You have amazing attention for details and can effortlessly juggle multiple competing priorities while keeping a smile on your face.
- You are a total people-person and can strike up a conversation easily and build rapport with your co-workers, managers and external service providers.
- You are very results driven.
- You love working in a team setting but don’t mind working solo too!
- You can lift up to 50 pounds (with help of course!) for long periods of time
- Previous warehouse or logistic experience is an asset but not necessary!
- Previous experience using warehouse equipment (forklift, scissor lift, counter balance etc.) is an asset but not necessary!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Work together with your colleagues to keep inventory stocked.
- Assume responsibility for shipping, picking, receiving and storage
- Unload and properly handle all inbound and outbound merchandise
- Secure merchandise properly to allow for safe movement throughout the distribution centre;
- Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork. Note any discrepancies to ensure 100%inventory accuracy
- Remove and properly document all damages caused or found on inbound/outbound merchandise
- Properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations
- Work proactively to maintain the safety and security of your areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Implement agreed processes, working methods and procedures, including IT systems and techniques
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as:
645 Cutler Ave, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3B 0J5
- Part Time availability requirements: minimum 20-34 hours per week
- Weekends required (Saturday & Sunday)
- Weekdays required (Monday - Friday)
This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.