POSITION: Sub Assembler
SHIFT: Days (6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Supervisor
- MDS Sub assembly to include hydraulic tanks, cooler mounts, hopper assemblies, hydraulic pumps, panel assemblies (mechanical only) manifold assembles as well as other sub assemblies as required.
- Produce quality assemblies and sub-assemblies from engineering drawings, sketches and bills of material.
- Work to acceptable production and quality standards.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from Supervisor and Management.
- Adhere to Quality Procedures and work instructions.
- Adhere to all health and safety standards as set out by Shred-Tech’s H&S Policy.
Education: Grade 12 or equivalent
Experience: 2 to 3 years heavy industrial equipment assembly or experience in mechanical equipment maintenance.
Specific Skill Ability and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge with blue prints, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Familiar with the use of measuring tools and safe operation of hand tools including grinders, drills, mechanical saws, sanders, buffers, etc.
- Capable to fit and assemble mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Capable to receive job specific training.
- Follow and adhere to Shred-Tech’s Quality Systems Procedures and work instructions.
- Know, understand and follow safe working and material handling practices.
WHAT MAKES SHRED-TECH A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
We’re ambitious and we expect our team to give their best effort to achieve the goals we set together. In return, we invest in people who are committed to growing with us. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, dental, vision a full EAP program.
Shred-Tech® is globally recognized for designing and manufacturing first-class shredding & recycling systems to cost-effectively meet our customer's waste reduction and recycling needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter. If you have any questions about this or any other career opportunities at Shred-Tech, please contact us.
At Shred-Tech, we value diversity and work to ensure all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind to apply for this position, please contact us. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour