Why Work For Us
Commissionaires is Canada’s largest private sector employer of veterans with over 22,000 employees across Canada. We are a not-for-profit organization with a social mandate to provide meaningful employment to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. We are arguably the largest security company in Canada.
Our only reason for being is creating meaningful employment. When you become a Commissionaire, you have opportunities not available to most security organizations. For example, did you know we have been the sole provider of security to the federal government since 1925? From judicial sites to military bases, we have some of the most exciting opportunities for our Commissionaires. Are you in school pursuing a business degree? Did you know we recently completed a security consulting engagement with a $200B pension fund with recommendations to the executive committee and board of directors that will shape their security profile in New York, Hong Kong, London and Toronto? Perhaps you’re in school with a background in police foundations? We have unparalleled access to subject matter experts and relationships within the federal and municipal law enforcement community. We are one of the largest providers of non-core policing and bylaw enforcement to police departments and municipalities across the country. In terms of veteran engagement, we are sponsors of Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day at the RBC Canadian Open, Rogers Cup, and the Toronto Argonauts.
Our Board of Directors has endorsed a 10 year plan to shape the next 100 years of our storied organization. We're always looking for the best and brightest to join us for the journey.
Commissionaires Great Lakes offers an immediate opportunity for a versatile, highly motivated Security Professional. We are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, strong working knowledge of computer systems, CCTV experience, a positive attitude and the ability to provide excellent customer service, security and protection for our clients site. As a front line representative of our company and clients site you must be highly reliable, work well under pressure, able to work with minimal supervision, have the ability to multi task and be a professional who takes pride in your dress, deportment and performance at all times.
The commissionaire will report to and work with the Site Supervisor and Area Manager. He/she will utilize the post orders to provide superior customer service, security and protection to their client and the client’s property/assets.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Confirming contractor access and issuing appropriate keys and access cards
- Provide assistance to the building desk security staff as required
- Maintaining high standards of personal appearance and deportment
- Maintaining a positive attitude and professional working relationships with employees, visitors, and clients
- Providing assistance to employees, clients and visitors
- Completing daily logs and written reports as necessary
- Other duties as may be required by the client or site supervisor
- Responding to emergencies and building alarms
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of Security Guard experience
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and complete frequent patrols
- Strong understanding of computers
- Customer service/reception/administrative skills
- The ability to work alone while maintaining a high level of service to the client is essential
We also offer Excellent Benefits:
- Medical and Dental
- Employee assistance programme
- Family Assistance programme
- Coaching and counselling support – Career Planning, Retirement, Shift work, Relationships, Financial Planning, Child care and Parenting, Smoking Cessation, Nutrition, Lifestyle changes etc.
- Online Resources – e-learning, interactive tools, health and wellness, life balance and workplace articles.
We would like to thank all interested candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Commissionaires Great Lakes is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunities. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified, if requested, provided the applicant has met Bona-Fide requirements for the open position. If contacted applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance.
Shift: Mondays to Fridays, 1100 hrs – 1900 hrs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- security guard: 1 year (Required)
- North York, ON (Preferred)
- First Aid CPR (Required)
- Security Guard (Required)