Job title :
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
RELIEF FULL TIME
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is looking for a Relief Full Time Switchboard Operator / Receptionist. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
This position performs a variety of duties, such as:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
- Proof of a Medical Terminology course;
- Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
Hours of work:
- Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
- Receives and directs patients and visitors;
- Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
- Runs the computer midnight census of admissions and discharges;
- Collects all monies owing from In and Outpatients, rental equipment, and writes receipts;
- Balance cash against receipts daily, at the end of the shift;
- Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping.
Rotating Days, Evenings and Nights, 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 22:00 to 06:00
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with patients, visitors and employees in an effective manner.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor