WHO WE ARE:
REMCAN Projects LP. (REMCAN) is a full service contractor for the railway industry and we’re currently recruiting for qualified Mark IV Tamper and Ballast Regulator Operators.
Our mission is to deliver safe, cutting edge, and environmentally sustainable maintenance and construction services to railway track owners and operators across Canada. A career in the railway industry is dynamic, challenging, and most importantly, rewarding. If you’re looking for a safe, inclusive, and exciting work environment with excellent opportunities for development and advancement, apply for a job at REMCAN!
START DATE: Immediately - Full-time
REPORTING TO: Superintendent
LOCATION: We are hiring for multiple positions available across Alberta.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will work as part of a team regulating track ballast, operating track tampers and other equipment as required
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of Tamper and Regulator operations, track alignment, and inspection
- Responsible to conduct mechanical & safety inspections as required and perform necessary maintenance and repairs
- Responsible for various administrative tasks in regards to production reports, timekeeping, etc
- Perform general labour with crew as required
- Responsible to ensure compliance to all Remcan and customer safety policies and procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to produce drivers abstract and insurance claims history
- At least 2 years railway experience
- At least 1 year operating Mark IV Tamper or Ballast Regulator
- Able to pass all required railway operating rules examinations
- Able to secure eRailsafe certification
- First Aid and WHIMIS are assets
- Able to pass pre-employment medical and drug screening
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised as well as in teams
- Able to work all types of shifts as required
- Able to wok in inclement weather all year round
- Able to travel to remote work locations as required
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills
WHAT REMCAN PROJECTS HAS TO OFFER:
Between physical labour, heavy machinery, and emergency repairs, railway maintenance and construction can be a tough environment. Which is why, at REMCAN, we look after our crew and take the time to carefully train and prepare you for life on the tracks, with the following additional perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Paid safety and hands-on job training
- Career growth opportunities
- Challenging projects and learning environment
- Group RSP with company matching program
- The opportunity to work with a team where safety is an integral part of our culture
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
REMCAN is currently considering candidates for openings later this year. Please note, it could be up to 6 months before you are contacted regarding employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time