Avenir Memory Care at Nanaimo, is where our homelike environment meets top-of-line care for people with Alzheimer’s and like Dementias. Here, residents live within an atmosphere that is intentionally designed to enhance their quality of life, preserve their sense of independence, and uphold their dignity. Our highly trained staff manages the person-centered care plans designed to match each resident's abilities and contribute to every aspect of their wellness.
We are looking to add new Members to our team! Here’s what we can offer:
100% Employer Covered MSP and Health and Dental Benefits
RRSP Contribution from Employer
Competitive Shift Premiums
*All benefits are subject to the current Single Site Transition Framework
Full Time and/or Part time positions available!
Casual positions available which have the potential to lead into Full Time and/or Part time!
We are looking for someone available to work all shifts including Days, Evenings, and Nights.
Under the supervision of the Wellness Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the LPN include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide direct nursing care to residents
- delegates and supervises the care provided by Health Care Aides
- Administers medication, performs treatments and procedures, obtains specimens as needed, and completes documentation as required.
- Participate in the admission of new residents
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL), family/social activities and actively promote independent life-style of residents
- Respond to residents call system promptly and courteously
- Work closely with physicians in a team setting for optimal resident care
- Current nursing license in the province where the employee is employed (CLPNBC)
- Experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- One (1) year of experience working with Alzheimer’s residents is preferred
- Ability to learn and work with the specific needs of those residents suffering from Alzheimer’s decease and/or other related dementia's
- Strong communication skills enabling the caregiver to understand and communicate with our community’s is an essential skill
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Vacation & paid time off
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $29.33 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- CLPNBC (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred)