RNS Health Care Services Inc.is a leading provider of home and community health care services. We are a proudly Canadian owned and operated company that has been providing exceptional health care services for over 30 years. We service York Region and surrounding areas, providing care in long term care facilities, retirements homes, hospitals, hospices, homes, and school environments. Our mission is to make a difference, one person at a time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and autonomous Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our busy and growing Rehab team! We are seeking an OT who will be responsible to help our clients regain their ability to perform daily living and work activities within the community. Our clients generally have lost these abilities due to mental, physical, development or emotionally disabling conditions.
The successful applicant must be able to work in the North (i.e. Keswick, Sutton, Jackson’s Point, Pefferlaw, Holland Landing, Mount Albert, Sharon, Bradford, Newmarket and surrounding areas). If you are looking for a rewarding career, look no further!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing occupational therapy consultation, assessment and planning interventions for clients in the specified regions
- Documentation of all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency
- The successful candidate must be able to make decisions and accept responsibility for all aspects of the occupational therapy patient care
- Provision of education to patients, their families, and team members
- Adherence to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized school
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- 3-5 years’ experience in a clinical or a homecare setting preferred
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available
- Membership in C.A.O.T preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build collaborative and therapeutic interpersonal relationships are required
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups (demonstrated ability to be flexible)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle are required with Proof of Auto Insurance
- General Commercial Liability & Professional Liability Insurance
- Knowledge of CCAC preferred
- ADP authorized preferred
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals who strive to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing compassionate and high quality community and home health care services in a consistent and reliable way. Our services include personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- occupational therapy: 2 years (Preferred)
- clinical or homecare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Required)