The Teacher plans, organizes and delivers assigned course curriculum to engage and facilitate student learning and knowledge development. The Teacher demonstrates a commitment and passion to see students succeed. This position requires teachers to teach remotely.
WORKING HOURS (average 8 to 10 teaching hours per week)
Monday to Friday 4:00-6:00pm and / or 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 12pm and / or 12noon to 2:00pm and / or 2:00-4:00pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plan, prepare and deliver lessons, activities and tests in adherence with the School’s curriculum , technology and resources.
· Establish, clearly communicate and achieve objectives for each lesson.
· Employ appropriate teaching strategy based on student needs and abilities, to engage and motivate students, and optimize their learning.
· Promote progress, safety and well-being of all students.
· Manage student classroom behaviour, enforcing school rules and procedures.
· Assign and grade course work, homework, assignments, quizzes, tests and final examination, meeting set timelines. (average 1.5 to 2 hours per week per class)
· Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress, including assignment and test grades.
· Provide continuous, timely feedback and guidance to students and/or parents regarding course performance and development areas.
· Complete student records, documentation and reports for the School, such as student attendance, quiz and exam results.
· Collaborate and communicate with all staff and supervisors on initiatives related to school curriculum, organization or administration.
· Participate in department, school and/or parent meetings.
· May be requested to provide supply teaching for other courses.
Education and Experience
· A degree in Education or Teaching Designation in progress, or specialization in a related discipline
· 1 year teaching or tutoring experience
- Deep knowledge of subject area
Skills and Abilities
· Expert communication skills (written and verbal)
· Superior listening skills
· Excellent preparation, organization and presentation skills
· Strong time management skills to meet daily and weekly deliverables
· Classroom management skills
Behaviours and Standards
· Build respectful and caring relationships with students
· Deliver course curriculum creatively and appropriate for the students, to achieve lesson objectives
· Create an engaging, interactive learning environment which motivates students to high performance and promotes retention
· Demonstrate professionalism at all times with stakeholders (students, parents, colleagues, supervisors, etc.).
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with school leaders, colleagues and parents, to provide feedback, suggestions for course curriculum and school processes, share best practices and seek new ideas
· Attend work regularly and on-time
· Work independently
Note: all employees must provide an original, current (issued within the last six months) Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside, as a condition of hire and continued employment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
Cissy Wu, _Campus Supervisor_
_*For a detailed school profile, please visit www.successtutorialschool.ca*_
Part-time hours: 12-20 per week
Application deadline: 2021-08-01
Expected start date: 2021-08-23
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$21.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19