POSITION: Software Developer: Cloud Technology & Big Data
REPORTS TO: R&D Manager
You will encounter exciting challenges daily. We are creating the next generation solutions to include new and emerging technologies around distributed cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data. As an experienced software developer, you will use the latest technologies from Mobile to Cloud to lead and create amazing customer-focused SaaS products. You will work in-collaboration with our software development team, and our customers to develop applications that create a positive experience when anyone engages in Argus’ software.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop, set up and maintain a high-performance repository application for storing and retrieving information from the Cloud.
- Build scalable, efficient and high-performance pipelines/workflows capable of processing large amounts of batch and real-time data.
- Multi-disciplinary work supporting real-time streams, ETL pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services.
- Use Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark, Presto, and related technologies to store, move, and query data.
EDUCATION & MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Experience with complex cloud architecture (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Experience building analytics using software such as Labview or Matlab.
- Experience with controlling access and protecting content located in the cloud.
- 5+ years of experience with OO design/development skills.
- 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services.
- 3+ years of experience in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g., C#/.NET, C/C++, Python).
- Experience building a large scale system (e.g., AWS with elastic scaling) or migrating a large system from a local data center to AWS.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud computing infrastructure (MySQL RDS, Dynamo dB, AWS pipelines, etc.).
- Experience with large volume data processing and big data tools such as Apache Spark and Presto.
- Knowledge in stream processing technologies such as the Confluent Platform and Spark Streaming.
- Good knowledge within distributed data processing (Spark, Hadoop) and the big data ecosystem.
- Experience with source code control and development tools used by agile teams (e.g. Git, Jira, Confluence).
- Knowledge of software development best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience designing and developing industrial software solutions.
- Experience with SQL and Relational databases.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT ARGUS AWESOME:
- Great culture and fantastic people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
POSITION DURATION: Full Time
RATE OF PAY: Will be remunerated based on their skills and experience
DATE OF POSTING: December 05, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Once the successful candidate is selected
Job Type: Full-time