Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Digital Editor, Food Network Canada
Marketing & Communications
About the Role
Our ideal candidate has a passion for digital content with a deep knowledge of cooking and food trends and a keen eye for detail, plus a willingness to assist in all forms of content creation. You will be responsible for executing against an original content strategy for the brand.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to content and audience growth strategies
- Ensure delivery of engaging, original editorial features and packages best suited for the brand image and target audience
- Produce and publish editorial pieces using content management system
- Monitor, report and deliver against KPIs – with a focus on achieving audience engagement targets for their specific product or brand
- Work closely with sales, marketing, social, and production teams to plan and execute brand initiatives and monetization opportunities
- Contribute to the requirements of the product roadmap as they pertain to content
- Create, copy edit and upload original, compelling web and cross-media content including articles, images and interactive online features
- Work with a roster of content contributors; sourcing, fielding pitches, editing content and managing invoice intake and budget tracking
- Ensure timely and comprehensive coverage of major events — calendar, seasonal, trending
- Ensure all content adheres to SEO best practices and recommendations from the Tech and Research teams
- Coordinate with other Lifestyle Editors to align content and editorial features for cross-promotion and audience sharing
- Work with brand Producers and Strategists to ensure alignment of content with the overall digital and social content strategy
- Regular reporting and analysis of metrics in traffic, engagement and user behavioral patterns to ensure optimal content performance
- Meet targets set by departments, sales and marketing campaigns, and related business goals
- Perform site updates and maintenance via the CMS systems
- Source images and edit images using Photoshop
- Plan and maintain editorial calendar
What We Need From You:
- Experience working in a digital media, publishing and production environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing, copy editing and content packaging within Lifestyle verticals
- Experience developing content strategies and driving audience engagement in digital
- Experience in SEO best practices and strategy
- Understanding of QA processes, UX and Design
- Ability to cleanly publish multiple pieces of content daily in content management systems
- Experience working with a digital sales team for successful content monetization
- Experience sourcing and managing freelancers
- Understanding of analytics, including experience working with Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience working in an Agile team environment would be considered an asset
- College or University degree (or equivalent experience), preferable in Media, Journalism, or Communications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization and build alignment with peers
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment, meeting deadlines and multitasking
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.