About the Company:
M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their international student enrollment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are a finalist at the PIEoneer of the Year category of the prestigious PIEoneer Awards 2020. Our work has created meaningful, long-term impacts on institutional revenue and community transformation through international education, making us a Partner for Life and a Partner in Growth. Know more about us: www.msquaremedia.com.
About the Role:
The VP of MSM Higher Ed Operations is responsible to provide management of the MSM Group Higher Ed institutions, providing overall leadership and vision and implementing operational efficiency. The VP of MSM Higher Ed Operations leads the operational strategic planning process and the creation of a culture of effectiveness while building business opportunities and partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversight and Management of M Square Media (MSM) Higher Education (HE) Schools
- Currently Eton College, Q College, Q Academy, Taylor Pro (Driving and Academic)
- In future to include College Multihexa, MSM HE expansion schools and 3rd party MSM HE managed institutions
a) Oversee leadership, management, profitability, HR and administration.
b) Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual financial targets through applied skills in forecasting, analysis (P/L statements) advancing sales and enrollment, human resources, and technology.
c) Monitor compliance to ensure that all colleges and schools conform to all principles, standards and protocols governing the education sector and consistent with the requirements of the Private Training and Institutions Branch (PTIB) or their equivalents in other Canadian provinces.
d) Contribute knowledgeable initiatives and techniques for advancing opportunities for educational programming, online learning and support to Campus Managers and Directors to ensure MSM Higher Ed policies, procedures and practices are applied in order to foster and promote student learning and student success, operational efficiencies and profitability.
e) Assist the MSM HE schools in business revenue generation by guiding and leading the Directors to achieve their key performance indicators, metrics, milestones and revenue objectives.
f) Contribute and maintain initiatives for a positive and safe working environment by motivating and engaging Campus Directors, Managers and employees and resolving workplace HR issues.
g) Monitor and manage the daily operations of a campus when and as required.
2. Creative Business Development and Expansion
a) In consultation with the Executive team members, develop, maintain and execute an ongoing business development strategy for MSM HE schools.
b) Identify and execute scale up and growth opportunities that align with MSM Higher Ed’s strategic direction.
c) Develop and build strategic alliances with government and regulatory stakeholders, and other higher education institutions and colleges within Canada.
d) Support strong and effective internal and external relationships that promote the MSM Higher Ed colleges’ national and international profile.
e) Provide ongoing consultation and advice on project, brand, operational, procedural and any other business matter relating to MSM HE schools.
a) Report as and when required to the Executive team.
b) Represent the MSM HE institutions at business meetings, political and social events, conferences and initiatives as required to promote the interests of the MSM HE schools.
c) Contribute to government reviews of the education sector as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Masters degree in a related discipline, Doctorate degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years as a higher education faculty member.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a program coordinator, academic chair or other senior education administrative role.
- Minimum 2 years planning, organizing and implementing a strategic program.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and academic program design and development.
- Experience implementing academic policy and approval processes.
- Experience hiring, leading, developing, evaluating and motivating instructional, administrative and business development staff.
- Experience presenting to stakeholders such as Executive team members, potential partners or investors.
- Familiarity with private and public education compliance (particularly in Canada but other national jurisdictions are of interest.
- Experience working with international and domestic student programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to work with diverse constituents, individually and as a member of a group.
- Strong cross-cultural communications skills and an ability to work with staff across the globe.
- Proven qualities of integrity, leadership, accuracy, initiative and organization commitment.
- Sufficient flexibility to meet across time zones using a range of technology including video conferencing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a language other than English is desirable.
- A strong disposition for education policy and process with a hint of entrepreneurial spirit is welcomed.
- Availability and current travel documents for domestic or international travel as needed.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on thousands of learners’ lives.
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
- To engage in new markets and with multiple partners across the globe.
- Salary range: $ 106,912.00 to $115,671.00 CAD annually
- Benefits include: Dental care, Extended healthcare, Paid time off, Vision care
- Home Office with travel to schools as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 1 year (preferred)