Interior Health is seeking applications from Cardiac Sonographers to join their dynamic Medical Imaging team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Benefit package
- Generous Employer Paid Vacation
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Continuing Education programs
- Relocation package for qualified positions
- Eligibility for BC provincial loan forgiveness (in many of Interior Health's communities)
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
How Will You Create Impact?
Many nearby communities rely on our site for imaging resulting in a very busy and diverse atmosphere. The successful applicant will be providing ultrasound services to inpatients and outpatients, making a difference within many communities.
What Will You Work On?
The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties while working in collaboration with Radiologists, Cardiologists, Physicians and other health care professionals. Some typical duties include:
- Receiving, verifying and processing requisitions from Physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
- Performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols. Performing related calculations and technical analysis to aid Physicians in the interpretation of scans.
- Organizing workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
- Monitoring patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
Ultrasound equipment consists of:
- Philips IE33, GE Vivid S6
- Meditech HIS
- McKesson CPACs
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
- Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (Cardiac and/or Vascular) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $35.48-$44.27 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Sonography Canada/ARDMS Registration (required)
- Cardiac Sonography Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person