A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
It is the responsibility of the Maintenance Clerk I to work together as a team to support and maintain all aspects of the Maintenance Department. They are required to have clear communication with all other maintenance staff.
Days of Work:
Monday to Friday
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Shift hours & Days of work are subject to change based on on-going business requirements.
- Procurement of parts/supplies in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to ensure accurate current mfg. part numbers are available and
documented in the system.
- Coordinates with supervisors, managers, maintenance technicians and employees at all levels to
ensure commonality of equipment and parts/supplies.
- Perform periodic parts/supply inventory audits and reconcile totals in the inventory system to ensure
system accuracy. Investigate and report reasons for discrepancies
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of equipment parts and/or supplies, and computes
inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages. Prepares list of depleted items
and recommends survey of defective or salvage/scrap items for obsolete equipment.
- Expedites parts as needed
- Resolves invoicing issues
- Daily stock, inventory and issuance of parts/supplies.
- Coordinates with Vendor for credit or replacement of any parts that are received damaged or missing
from the order.
- Maintain a backorder file.
- Maintain a safe clean working environment and perform housekeeping/organization duties in the
maintenance department as requested by Supervisor.
- Participate in all training sessions as required.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Maintains work order and PM System.
- Coordinates and Issues work orders and PM’s.
- Organize and file all maintenance documentation including equipment manuals.
- Coordinate work with contractors and files service reports.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or certified equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing and
inventory management experience in maintenance or production environment, preferably in food
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel), email, general office
equipment (scanner/copier/fax), SAP & MP2 experience preferred and have the ability to learn
new applications is required.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and overtime assignments as required.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment and components.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance procedures and preventive maintenance process.
- Demonstrate a proficiency and understanding of systems such as safety, plumbing, electrical,
mechanical, and code compliance as it related to documenting procedures and developing PM’s.
- Possess an understanding of OHSA and GMP regulations.
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive planning and organizational skills.