Change a life with life-changing work!
Come and join our ONE CARE team!
Make a difference in providing client-centered wellness services as well as community outreach. We are a community based organization that is growing and changing to better meet the needs of our clients in Huron and Perth. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven leadership skills to assist our team in achieving our objectives. This is a full time contract role for 1 year, with travel throughout Huron and Perth Counties.
At ONE CARE, you will be part of an exciting and dynamic organization where we focus on quality of programs, excellence in service delivery, collaboration and team work.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Support Services, the Community Support Services Supervisor is responsible for the operational supervision of multiple designated community support programs of ONE CARE Home and Community Support Services. The emphasis is on our Wellness Programs. The Supervisor ensures the programs are delivered in accordance with all related policies and procedures of the organization. The Community Support Services Supervisor is responsible for oversight of assigned staff, assisting with recruitment and ongoing supervision, as well as volunteers within the programs. The Supervisor assists in the development of related annual operating budgets and monitors expenditures, reporting variances to the Manager.
1. Minimum qualifications include a Degree in Human Services/Social Sciences/Health Sciences from a recognized educational institution. Certain positions require specialized certification or degree. (For example: Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management; RN/RPN Certification and actively registered with the College of Nurses; OR current registration with Canadian College of Social Work)
2. Minimum of five (5) years related experience.
3. Expertise relating to the aging population and provision of community-based services, knowledge of issues in gerontology and resulting health issues; social work principles, therapeutic skills, assessment skills; human development and behaviours are an asset.
4. Strong leadership skills.
5. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work with a variety of people, taking into consideration varying needs.
6. Current proficiency in the use of computer skills including, Word, Excel, other Microsoft Office applications and similar software products.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required. Applicants are advised to make any needs known in advance.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call