*This is a 9-month contract position that will start in January 2020*
Enterphase Child & Family Services operates Residential Treatment Programs for children and youth with behavioural, social, emotional, and psychological disorders.
We are currently seeking to hire a Team Leader who can effectively manage and oversee three (3) high risk youth residing within our long term treatment Residential Setting in the Peterborough Area. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the supervision, support and evaluation of 6 Child & Youth Workers. The schedule is from Monday to Friday (8am to 4pm).
Primary Job Function:
- To ensure a healthy living environment and an efficient day to day management of the home (e.g. household routines, chores, meal preparation & general cleanliness).
- To teach the children and youth to relate in a socially appropriate manner through modelling and participating in daily routines and activities.
- To provide appropriate levels of supervision and emotional support to each child and youth, as per their Treatment Plan, as well as verbal crisis intervention, non-violent physical intervention and post crisis processing with the children and youth as outlined in UMAB training, and as per the child or youth’s Safety Plan and the development of such Safety Plan.
- Administrative tasks such as oversight and completion of all required documentation, scheduling and attending appointments and meetings, completing intake and discharge procedures.
- To ensure the residence is safe and meets all Ministry (CYFSA) Requirements at all times.
- Providing regular Supervisions, leading staff meetings, and conducting Performance Evaluations for all members of the staff team.
- Working closely with the Residential Treatment Coordinator to ensure continuity of care and consistent implementation of house structure and agency policy & procedures.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience working within a residential treatment environment.
- Demonstrates effective inter-personal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage staff members in various therapeutic interventions.
- Must be highly organized, able to function well in conflictual situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to provide on-call support after hours.
- A valid G or G2 Driver’s License is a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Residential: 2 years (Preferred)