We are looking for a Software Developer for our SaaS platform, Jambo™ (www.jambo.cloud) – the fastest and easiest stakeholder engagement & consultation software. Working closely with our team of developers, designers, and product managers, you will provide guidance in the application’s design, scalability and security to help grow and scale Jambo.
Jambo (www.jambo.cloud) is the fastest and easiest way for organizations to manage their stakeholder engagement and consultation requirements. Created in 2016, Jambo is a Stakeholder Relationship Management (SRM) software, which helps record, track and report on stakeholder contacts, communications, issues, commitments, and tasks. Jambo is part of the Silvacom Group of Companies (www.silvacom.com/silvacomgroup).
Just like the Jambo product, our Jambo team is growing and we are looking for creative, high-performing people to join us and help solve problems in stakeholder engagement and consultation technology.
Jambo is part of the Silvacom Group of companies and part of the Pledge 1% global movement with the commitment to give 1% profit to our charity of choice, like Classrooms for Africa. Classrooms for Africa provides assistance to communities that want to build classrooms and other school buildings in disadvantaged areas of Sub-Saharan Africa.
When not socially distancing, we like to work-hard, play-hard and enjoy fantastic company events like:
- Escape Room Events (virtual & in-person)
- Outdoor Group Events Like Cross-Country Skiing and Ice Skating
- Board Game Nights (virtual & in-person)
We also offer:
- Medical/vision/dental benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company sponsored RRSP plan
- Fresh snacks and Starbucks coffee
What you will do
- Review business requirements and collaborate with team members to propose solutions.
- Participate in analyzing and troubleshooting production issues.
- Produce scalable architectures and code.
- Develop product improvements with a focus on market fit.
- Be an active participant in backlog review sessions and other scrum meetings.
- Perform and monitor quality assurance tests in collaboration with the Customer Success and Product Teams.
- Post-secondary education in IT related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years of client-side web development experience:
- Angular (preferred), React, Vue
- Minimum 3 years of server-side development experience at least one of the following technologies:
- Node.js (Typescript) with Hapi (preferred) or Express
- Working with development teams using agile methodologies.
- Application deployment into Cloud/Containerized environments is highly desirable (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate).
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML)
- Security architecture, vulnerability and security assessments.
- Knowledge and experience creating web-enabled geospatial applications using Esri GIS.
- PL/SQL and relational databases such as Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL database technologies
- Integrated development environments such as Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse.
- Version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Building user interfaces for customer facing applications.
- Developing and deploying mobile focused applications.
- Automated build and testing processes.
- Functional and QA testing methodologies.
We have an Edmonton office and a Calgary office. The successful candidate can work out of either office.
Seem like a good fit?
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (preferred)
- client-side web development: 3 years (preferred)
- server-side development: 3 years (preferred)