Currently, we are pursuing a Building Automation Systems Technician (controls) to join our team at our Fort McMurray location. You will be responsible for providing service, maintenance, energy efficiency and commissioning skills/methods to newly installed and existing systems.
- Responds to all types of customer assigned work orders, scheduled maintenance, emergency and after-hours calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug a substantial variety of systems for complex problems. Uses advanced troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Identifies and resolves problems for all types of service calls including emergency calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. May require originality and ingenuity in some situations.
- Provides technical support to end users when applicable. Proactively seeks technical guidance from more experienced staff for difficult and unusual situations.
- Utilize advanced programming skills to execute new and existing projects and troubleshoot problems
- Complete reports on equipment parts and scope required for repairs or upgrade of building automation system components.
- Reads and interprets technical documentation and P&ID drawings associated with both the mechanical equipment as well as building automation systems.
- Consults manufacturers' product manuals to determine operation of DDC controllers, peripheral devices as well as mechanical equipment.
- Analyze and determine building operation of mechanical systems when sourcing for problems of tenants or process.
- Perform troubleshooting using electrical and electronic testing devices (pressure, flow, temperature) and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts.
- Calibrate various gas detection instruments based on product specifications and ensure the associated system operation operates as per design and correct if not functioning.
- Troubleshoot network integration components as well as determine system TCP/IP operation and client front end.
- Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer’s first choice for service.
This is FIFO position with a rotating shift of 14/14 with 12 hour shift each day
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years of previous experience in Building Automation Systems
- Journeyman Ticket, technical degree or diploma in mechanical, electrical/electronics or instrumentation is required
- Solid experience working with BACnet, LON BMS Systems and Modbus communication protocols is preferred
- Experience programming Building Automation Systems or Programmable Logical Controllers (PLCs) required;
- HVAC Commercial & Industrial experience is preferred
- Developing technical skills and experience related to building automation systems
- Solid knowledge of engineering principles and practices related to building automation systems
- Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada (for example, by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or work permit)
- Competitive wages & immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) RRSP Matching Plan
- Training and ongoing support
- Professional and flexible work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Fun and laughter in the workplace
Job Type: Fly-In/Fly-Out
- BACnet: 3 years (Required)
- LON BMS Systems: 3 years (Required)
- Modbus Communications: 3 years (Required)