Construction Labourer - Irrigation (Training Provided)
Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd. has been proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1984, specializing in the installation and service of residential, commercial, and industrial irrigation systems. We are always looking for highly motivated, quality driven and professional individuals to join our team.
- Work as part of a 2-4 person team on the installation of small to large size irrigation systems, reporting to the team leader
- Utilize hand and power tools, as well as perform hand trenching with a shovel
- Solve sprinkler problems (wire valves, fix leaks, etc., as required during the installation)
- Prepare timesheets and other daily paperwork as required
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Typical working hours would be 7:30am to 6pm, with additional hours and Saturdays during peak periods.
- The typical season begins around the beginning of April and ends near the middle of December, weather permitting. All work is outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Punctuality and attendance are essential to the candidates success
- Completed High School, additional education/training preferred
- 0-3 years of experience in the Irrigation Industry, training provided
- Valid class “G” driver’s license with own vehicle
- Self motivated, eager to learn and have a great customer first attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills to enhance job performance
- Able to work within a team environment and able to take direction from team leader
- Ability to work independently on tasks assigned by team leader
- Knowledge of irrigation products, including specialized tools
- Physically fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both oral and written
- Some plumbing or copper soldering experience preferred but not required
- $15/hr - $19/hr based on experience
- Overtime (1.5 x salary) is paid after 44hrs per week
- Vehicle allowance is provided
Solujan Lawn Sprinklers Ltd. is committed to providing candidates with the most competitive wages based on their qualifications.
Please submit your resume and references, either by fax to (905) 473-1602 or visit us at www.solujanlawnsprinklers.ca.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Valid class “G” driver’s license with own vehicle (Required)