WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will join one of Canada's 2019 Top 100 Employers for Young People, and be a part of an exciting, growing company. Your team is focused on delivering excellence, building teamwork and developing professionally. You'll work hard and play hard in our games room, proving your mettle in pool, ping pong, foosball, darts and PlayStation. Then you'll get to relax and enjoy our monthly socials, office barbeques, annual golf tournament and regular team-building events. Think you can win COLE's Amazing Race? Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to train in our on-site gym and enjoy regular office visits from chiropractors, osteopaths, massage therapists and naturopathic doctors.
It’s not all fun and games! You will be responsible for creating and developing heating, ventilation, air conditioning and plumbing systems for municipal water and wastewater facilities. Occasional travel is required to the project sites in the Greater Toronto Area. The ideal candidate will have a passion for design, a keen eye for detail, an ability to work under tight deadlines, and adjust their level of work based on the available deliverable timelines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Design heating and cooling systems and their controls;
- Envelope and equipment load calculations;
- Interpret construction drawings;
- Develop drawings and specifications to design ductwork and piping systems;
- Calculate ventilation requirements based on the types of the systems needed;
- Determine costs for heating and cooling systems and write up detailed budget estimates;
- Condition assessment reports.;
- Plumbing systems;
- Coordinate and collaborate with a multi-discipline design team;
- Follow all building codes and obtain proper building permits when necessary.
- Registered professional engineer licensed in the province of Ontario;
- Graduated from University in a Mechanical Technology, Engineering Design;
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience with Revit, Microstation, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office;
- Working knowledge of NFPA standards, in particular NFPA 820;
- Experience with Carrier HAP software, or similar;
- Five years’ experience performing a similar function;
- Excellent project management skills with experience on working on large multi-million dollar water & water treatment plant projects;
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload and work effectively under strict deadlines with a strong focus on attention to detail;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to work within a team and in a client-oriented environment;
- Strong work ethic, motivation and judgment skills;
- Extensive Client management experience;
- A focus on quality and performance;
- Strong technical, leadership, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in business development, proposal writing and marketing;
COLE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. We are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.