Carters Professional Corporation is one of the leading firms in Canada in the area of charity
and not-for-profit law, with offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Orangeville. The successful candidate will be required to work out of our Orangeville office located at 211 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work depending on the current requirements.
- File and submit charitable applications and related documentation through the Canada Revenue Agency online portal, and monitor status of filings and documentation
- Prepare draft documentation including correspondence, agreements, resolutions and by laws
- Review incoming correspondence to determine urgency and work with lawyer accordingly
- Maintain and review lawyer’s calendar daily and proactively schedule and handle upcoming events
- Maintain and input all file information into document management system
- Converse with potential clients to set up initial call / meeting with the senior lawyer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Law clerk certificate or diploma
- A minimum of 5 years experience in corporate/commercial law is preferable.
- Experience with charitable and not-for-profit clients would be an asset but not essential.
- Strong word processing skills are required
- Familiarity with PC Law and Worldox is an asset.
- The ability to work independently as well as work as part of a team environment is required.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are necessary.
A competitive benefits package is offered. Salary is commensurate with the level of related experience.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes and salary expectations to: [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- corporate / commercial law firm: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Orangeville, ON L9W 1K4