Compusult Limited is a dynamic and growing company headquartered in Mount Pearl, NL with offices in Halifax, NS, Ottawa, ON and a U.S. subsidiary in Chantilly, VA. We provide state-of-the-art software and systems for vital, mission-impacting technical environments and associated services and support to government and commercial entities, in particular aerospace/defence industries.
We offer comprehensive benefits, as well as exciting and challenging work, in a supportive work environment where you are not just a number - you are connected with energetic people who have a passion for their work and who have fun while they do it.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to be located at our headquarters in Mount Pearl, NL, to support our current projects and growing customer base nationally and internationally.
Responsibilities for this position include:
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for customer site evaluations, documenting these evaluations, systems and network architecture and planning, systems implementation and maintenance. These activities will include taking advantage of the latest systems architecture methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and effective solutions to operational challenges.
Systems Engineering activities and areas include:
- Conducting site surveys for the purpose of documenting a customer’s network, systems and software capabilities.
- Proposing architectural upgrades to existing customer infrastructures to introduce new capabilities and functions, in particular how it relates to our systems and software solutions.
- Articulating both business and technical benefits of our solutions to existing and new customers.
- Presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration and explaining the use cases.
- Assisting in the generation of architectural solutions during the bidding process.
- Selecting and implementing systems tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s project teams.
- Liaising with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Supporting the integration/configuration of tools and/or systems that provide geospatial discovery, analysis, display, security, data management, and end-to-end performance evaluation.
- Desired experience and individual capabilities/skills include: *
- Windows/Linux/Unix administration and maintenance.
- Network installation, operations and troubleshooting.
- Mobile device apps on Android and iOS tablets and phones.
- SQL RDBMS systems including Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Microsoft SQL Server.
- No SQL enterprise search systems including Apache SOLR, Lucene, Cassandra.
- REST and SOAP-based web services using XML and JSON.
- IT security certification(s).
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interface effectively with users, customers, and coworkers.
- Willingness to take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Qualifications: The desired education, knowledge and skills are listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, information technology, or similar degree from an accredited university); in lieu of a degree, candidates can cite a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Canadian security clearance. If not, must be eligible.
- Minimum of three years of systems engineering experience in the IT sector.
Compusult offers an excellent work environment, career growth, training, travel opportunities and a great benefits package, all within a unique corporate culture making this an opportunity you won't want to miss!
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineering/architecture: 3 years (Preferred)