Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Economic Initiatives, is responsible for leading the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting on business, academic, and community innovation initiatives; developing, leading and executing program strategies to support business collaboration and innovation; compiling and analyzing business, economic and research data to support economic development initiatives focused on innovation; developing and managing stakeholder relationships that foster innovation and support the Region’s economic development goals; and preparing reports, briefing notes, memos and presentations.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Business, Public Administration, Education or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience in project management, leading multi-stakeholder projects and programs, and managing complex economic development and/or business development and post-secondary education investment projects.
- Experience in building and managing individual and organizational relationships.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 24, 2020. we Thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$47.11 to $51.19 per hour
This is a Replacement
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)