Title: Unit Manager
Location: Sequoia Coastal Coffee - Royal Bay (Westshore), B.C.
Who is the Truffles Group?
Locally owned and operated, The Truffles Group has been advancing Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries for over 25 years. During this time, we have grown from 1 employee to over 350!
Guided by our founder Don Calveley’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to business excellence, The Truffles Group continues to push the boundaries of innovation and service to create memorable and lasting customer and employee experiences.
We continue to grow and build our business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to our core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN!
If you share our values, are entrepreneurial, and have a passion for creativity, service, building relationships, are technically savvy, and are strong at understanding and communicating data and trends we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in the grand opening of our new Sequoia Coastal Coffee Royal Bay location. The Unit Manager is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the store and will report to the Regional Manager of Hospitality Operations. The Unit Manager ensures the overall profitability of the store by driving efficient operational excellence and industry leading customer service. Working closely with, training and motivating Barista’s, the Unit Manager will provide a culture of knowledge, engagement and trust for our customers and team.
- Leading and working as part of an engaged team to create a memorable experience for our customers, delivering outstanding service and creating customer loyalty
- Learning and speaking about your products so you can connect with your customers and help them make educated choices
- Rolling up your sleeves, serving customers and ensuring operations are top notch
- Getting to know your regular customers to create long lasting relationships
- Analyzing sales and costs, creating reports, and looking for ways to improve the operations
- Multi-tasking in a hustle and bustle environment with a friendly and upbeat attitude
- A love of great coffee and food, and the belief in its ability to inspire and entertain
- Being part of a team of positive, high achievers who care about their customers and the company they are representing
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in food & beverage
- Prior experience with drive-thru operations and service
- A warm, confident, and customer focused personality with excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage and motivate people
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm and professional
- Food Safe Certification (a must)
As a Truffles Group team member, you will…
- At all times faithfully, industriously, and to the best of your ability, experience, and talents, perform your job responsibilities to the reasonable satisfaction of your Employer.
- Work at such locations as the Employer may from time to time require.
- Use your best efforts to promote and advance the Business and the affairs of the Employer.
As a Truffles Group team member, you will receive:
· An excellent total compensation package, including an annual bonus
· Extended health and dental plan
· Paid volunteer days
· Health and Wellness allowance
· Anniversary bonus
· Tuition reimbursement
Hours of Work
The hours of work may vary and may be irregular and will be those hours required to meet the requirements of your job.
We value you!
Your background, your perspective, your uniqueness, your talent.
We value all things that make you, YOU!
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to our Human Resources Department https://www.trufflesgroup.com/contactus.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send us your resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There is no exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with this position.
Job Type: Full-time