Internal & External
Hours of Work:
$19.68/hr. plus a $2.00/hr. Wage Enhancement
Program & Location:
Maxxine Wright Early Care & Learning Centre - Surrey
Open Until Filled / Ongoing
Atira Women’s Resource Society Early Care & Learning Centres:
We believe childcare should foster the development of the whole child – socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally and it is with these principles in mind we that we designed Maxxine Wright Early Care & Learning Centre, our licensed Childcare Centre in Surrey.
You Also Have:
- You embrace Atira’s mission, vision, values and philosophy.
- You want to collaborate with a team to plan and implement quality programs for young children, maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and other team members.
- You believe in and respect the competency of young children.
- You understand the impact our interactions and relationships with children have on their development, learning, sense of identity and overall well-being.
- You are aware of the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing.
- You work within the ECEBC Code of Ethics
- An Early Childhood Educator license to practice is required
- An Infant and Toddler certificate is an asset
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and children with complex needs is an asset
- All positions are subject to a criminal records review
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- A valid child oriented First Aid certificate is required
We are committed to hiring women who reflect the women who access our services and the communities in which we work. As such, significant consideration will be given to women who meet the qualifications and who are First Nations, Metis or Inuit and or who speak Punjabi, Mandarin, Tagalog, Hindi or Korean, in addition to English. We are especially interested in applications from women who live in and are familiar with the local community.
Resumes from qualified First Nations, Métis and or Inuit women are encouraged, as are resumes from Black women, women of colour, trans women, women who are disabled and women from other equity seeking groups. Fluency in a language(s) other than English is an asset.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Please quote the Competition Number in your email subject line and provide a cover letter with a current resume describing how you meet or exceed the above-noted qualifications. Resumes with a Cover Letter unique to Atira are guaranteed a review. Candidates who lack the experience and qualifications set out in the posting may not be considered, although an exceptional cover letter and transferable skills may overcome lack of experience for some positions. Please go to www.atira.bc.ca/careers for a current list of postings.