Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Reporting to the National Managing Editor, Social Media & Distribution, you will be responsible for amplifying Global News content on social media while increasing audience engagement and upholding Global News/Corus Entertainment social media best practices. The successful candidate will work with a small team of social media journalists to curate digital content and position it for Globalnews.ca’s ever-growing international audience. This part time position is based at 81 Barber Greene Road in Toronto and involves weekend and night shifts.
- Curate digital content and position it for various social media platforms, aligning them to SEO best practices
- Strengthen audience engagement by responding to feedback from users
- Craft social media copy and create visual content (thumbnails, gifs, photo collages, etc.) that will appeal to our audience
- Assist the breaking news team with major breaking news events
- Analyse data in real time to ensure that we are meeting KPIs
- Uphold social media best practices as outlined in the Global News Journalistic Principles and Practices
- Pitch and write pieces about trending topics and viral stories
- Create and promote innovative new multiplatform storytelling tools, techniques and technologies across the network
- Collaborate with and advise local newsrooms
- Educate, encourage and generally act as a social media ambassador for staff
What We Need From You:
- Degree or diploma in journalism or a related field
- 2 years of experience in a newsroom environment
- Experience managing external social media channels
- Proven track record of growing social media audiences and successfully meeting KPIs
- Proficiency in Hootsuite, SocialFlow or similar social media publishing platforms
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Thorough understanding of SEO
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Exceptional written communication skills – you don’t actually need to spellcheck your work.
- Ability to think on your feet
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
- A genuine love of social media and its storytelling possibilities
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now.'
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before we can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. Please ensure you notify your manager before applying to this role.