Part Time Frontline Shelter Worker
Elliot Lake, ON
Part-Time Front Line Women's Shelter Support Worker
This position is subject to the Collective Agreement of local/ 604, OPSEU.
- Minimum Education: Post secondary diploma or degree in Human Services, SW Diploma, DSW Diploma or equivalent from a Canadian College or University.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of experience in the area of violence against women and children
Skills and Knowledge required:
- This position is in a shelter setting where house keeping duties and cooking duties are part of the daily routine.
- Proven ability to support abused women both in a shelter setting and on a crisis support telephone line
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to working within a feminist intersectional perspective
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression, Women- Centered, Harm Reduction and Trauma Informed Care Principles
- Proven conflict resolutions skills with co-workers and clients
- Ability to work day, night and weekend shifts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work in a crisis environment
- Competence in assessing safety and prioritizing needs and demands
- Effective use of healthy boundaries; knowledge of community resources
- Current in First Aid/CPR
- Current cleared Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Computer literacy
- Good working knowledge of the French language a definite asset.
- Ability to complete assigned housekeeping and kitchen duties and participate in preparation of meals and clean up where required.
- Working conditions include: Physical – extended lengths of time performing physical duties such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, occasional work outside, shift work
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour