Dining Services Supervisor – Full-time
If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. Our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents. What sets us apart from all others is our service and commitment to "Care" in everything we do.
As the Dining Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Dining Services team and provide the highest caliber of fine dining services to the older adults who call The Gardens of Peterborough their home.
This successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Oversee and direct the daily activities on site, including food preparation and service to residents in accordance with established standards
- Ensure food is prepared for residents following approved recipes and that portion control, temperature, and food presentation guidelines are adhered to; assist in the preparation of meals while also supervising and directing the activities of staff
- Ensure that dietary restrictions and food allergies are known and properly communicated
- Provide coaching, direction, and ongoing performance monitoring to the Dining Services staff
- Oversee routine operations including menu changes, staff replacements, and service calls
- Assist with the development of food and labour budgets, monitor spending, and ensure proper controls are in place for inventories of food, equipment, and supplies
- Manage staff scheduling and payroll on a biweekly basis
- Lead Dining Services activities for special events and marketing functions as required
- Promote teamwork through demonstration of dependability and effective communication
- Contribute to the maintenance and implementation of infection control protocols, emergency planning and preparedness, and health and safety practices
- Culinary Management, Nutrition Management, Cook I or II designation or other related diploma is preferred
- Safe Food Handler’s certificate and Smart-Serve are required
- Two years experience in volume food cooking and preparation in a Hotel/Restaurant or institutional health care setting required
- Sound judgement and excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and customer service
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract