Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
Looking for Physician Assistant highly skilled healthcare professional educated in the medical model primarily supporting patients with acute medicine conditions who will work under the supervision of a registered physician. The Physician Assistant needs to have the knowledge, skills, and experience to work in collaboration as part of the inter-professional team. There is an expectation the physician assistant will be involved in quality improvement, data tracking, staff development, and resource management strategies working towards excellent patient care. In an administrative and clinical context, reporting to Patient Services Manager, Medical Director, and Program Director, Professional Practice.
- Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA) Certificate of Registration in good standing or eligibility;
- CAPA Interest Group relative to area of work;
- Accredited Physician Assistant;
- Certification relative to area of work is preferred;
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate;
- Clinical experience in Medical/Surgical area; preferred
- Demonstrated ability to support and coach staff in the accomplishment of department goals and initiatives;
- Ability to perform all specialized functions in the relative clinical service area (i.e. Delegated Medical Acts.)
- Supports the physician as an extension of the supervising physician within the physician patient relationship as guided by the supervising physician; performing controlled acts delegated by supervising physician;
- Performs complete and appropriate clinical assessment along with documentation;
- Formulates clinical treatment plans;
- Uses preventative and therapeutic interventions effectively to meet needs of patients;
- Ensures that members of the health care team and patients are aware of his/her status of Physician Assistant while providing services;
- Provides leadership, in collaboration with the manager to the patient care team to ensure patient/family focused care within a coordinated integrated care planning model of care;
- Acts as a resource to the team through clinical expertise and knowledge base related to the medical/clinical needs of patients. Incorporates evidence based practice to support clinical decision making;
- Assists in day to day problem solving within and across the services, in collaboration with the team;
- Ensures he/she has the necessary knowledge, skill and judgment to perform any act that has been delegated;
- Assists the team to develop continuous quality improvement, utilization management and risk management activities, including implementation of standards and tracking mechanisms, in collaboration with the manager;
- Provides guidance and direction to coordinate discharge planning and promote patient flow;
- Develops rapport, trust, and ethical therapeutic relationships with patients, families, and members of the inter-professional team. Promotes and maintains good interdepartmental relationships;
- Provides and promotes support to student clinical placement assigned to the area along with assisting in the orientation/mentoring of new staff;
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
It is the expectation of QHC that all staff members are accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by our organization
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds, patient assist approx. 100 pounds
- Required Constantly – standing
- Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping
- Required Occasionally – sitting, twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
- Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
- Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
- Required Rarely – foot action