(Full Time Permanent)
Who we are: Qualicum Beach Inn is a perfect blend of romance, charm and convenience, and reflects the values and character that make Qualicum Beach such a wonderful place to work and live. Located by the beach and near the heart of town, golfing and recreation, there is an abundance of activities to enjoy during your stay. The Qualicum Beach Inn is home to the CView Restaurant and Lounge which underwent a recent remodel and boasts a fabulous kitchen with attention to every detail. An Extensive wine list, a full lounge, and expansive oceanside covered patio open during the spring and summer months are a perfect complement to the space. The Qualicum Beach Inn is managed by Kingsbridge Management Ltd., a fast-growing boutique hotel management company.
Who you are: You are a dynamic leader, who has a proactive approach and thrives in a result driven environment. You welcome feedback and love to mentor and empower other leaders. You like puzzles and thinking of, out of the box solutions. You want to work for a fast-growing organization where there are lots of opportunity to grow. You are a self-starter who is passionate about service excellence and hospitality. Please visit our websites: qualicumbeachinn.com or Kingsbridgemanagement.com to learn more about us.
Position Summary: The Executive Chef is an integral part of our food & beverage department. The successful candidate will be a natural leader with high standards for performance and a keen eye for detail. Their passion for creating exceptional guest experiences and fostering a strong team will be evident in their line execution and thorough detail for consistency with all food preparation. Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Kingsbridge Management, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the hands-on execution of all culinary operations.
- Responsible for the development of menus, recipes and procedures for consistent execution.
- Management of food inventory cost controls including routine physical inventory counts.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety.
- Must have the ability to maintain and manage labour costs including correct scheduling.
- Must have the ability to maintain kitchen purchasing budgets.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and associates a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Kingsbridge Management’s core values always.
- Function as a key member of the hotel leadership team.
- Work with the Corporate Human Resources department on ensuring a positive proactive team environment.
- Be a hands-on leader.
- Complete all necessary payroll records and labour forecasts.
- Display a high level of integrity and professionalism always in dealings with guests, owners and employees.
- Operationally responsible for ensuring the team is properly staffed and they have the skills, techniques, tools, and processes in place to exceed guest expectations.
- Develop others by giving specific and timely feedback; sets high standards for individual and team performance; and provide effective training that enhance employees’ skills.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners to meet and exceed team goals.
- Become skilled at and work with our operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Effectively direct the planning, design, coordination and organizational phases of all food production for restaurant, and catering operations.
- Ensures food quality & food safety measures are executed while maintaining food costs at targeted levels.
- Oversee department selection, hiring, training, standards & procedures, evaluating, and scheduling processes.
- Continually evaluate and document the performance of all culinary positions.
- Continually evaluate equipment, stock levels, labor, & business volume forecasting taking appropriate actions to ensure all areas are prepared and in working order.
- Ensures the culinary management team is properly trained & developed. Establish presentation techniques & quality standards.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of products offered including wine & spirits, food recipes, prices, presentation, internal control procedures and all company as well as department policies
- Any other duties as assigned
Models our 4 Core Values
- Warmth in Hospitality
- Being of Service- to our owners, associates, and community
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Solid leadership skills and experience recruiting, training and managing both culinary and stewarding brigades
- Catering, banquet or group menu experience is an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Effective conflict management skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Collaborative self-starter who is self-managing and driven to succeed.
- 6 years or more experience as a Chef at a senior level
- Red Seal Certification mandatory
- Corporate, Hotel and stand-alone restaurant kitchen experience preferred
- Full understanding of cost controls and budget management
- Valid Food Safe
What's in it for you: We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package. A career in hospitality where growth and innovation are encouraged. You get to be part of an amazing team of professionals who care about what they do. An organization which is growing and wants you to grow with us! If you would like to join our team, please submit your cover letter and resume through this posting. Due to the high volume of applicants only those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly. Do not contact us with unsolicited offers or services.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Qualicum Beach, BC (Preferred)