Administrative Coordinator – Craigwiel Gardens
Since 1967, Craigwiel Gardens is independently owned by Craigwiel Corporation, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. It is a not for profit, Charitable organization. We are a community committed to providing residential and community services that enhance the lives and potential of each person we engage. Our Vision, People, Community and Quality of Life.
We are currently looking for a team-oriented Administrative Coordinator to join our Craigwiel Gardens Long-Term Care Home family in Ailsa Craig, Ontario.
Purpose of Position
To provide executive support to the CEO and Senior Managers of Craigwiel Gardens in the daily administration and planning for the Complex. To provide coordination of critical issue management. Coordinate leases, rent, assessments, and admission. To manage information processing and workflow in the corporate office and to direct and delegate the administrative functions for the Corporate office.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative setting. (Long Term Care and/or Health Care Sector experience an asset).
- Experience dealing with finance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with computer systems; including, MS Outlook, MS Office, Publisher, XL, Adobe Pro and Power Point
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skill set
- Time & Attendance Programs/Accounting software an asset
- A current, clear, criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
- Ability to work in fast paced office with multiple interruptions.
- Managing and coordinating high level, sensitive issues as well as external inquiries relating to Craigwiel Gardens. Coordinating, researching, and assisting in the preparation of briefing materials for the Board of Directors and occasionally preparing briefing documents on Craigholme for the LHIN/Ministry.
- Providing information and advice to the field and corporate stakeholders on a range of initiatives being undertaken by Craigwiel Gardens.
- Assisting the Senior Management Team in the implementation and achievement of Craigwiel Gardens’ strategic plan.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in the planning process for the Board of Directors’ meetings to ensure that reports are appropriately presented. Consult with the Director of Finance to identify, evaluate and manage fiscal challenges of the CEO’s office.
- Communicating implementation of Craigwiel Gardens wide standards and processes with respect to long term care to ensure optimum methods and systems are in place for consistent compliance with Ministry and LHIN directives.
- Coordinating corporate linkages on behalf of the Corporate Office and acting as the focal point of contact between the CEO and external partners and stakeholders to manage protocol, handle through collaboration with the LTCH, urgent matters and information requests from other sections and external agencies on behalf of the CEO.
- Researching issues on behalf of the CEO and providing complete assessments on a full range of subject areas. For example, researching and evaluating background documents and/or preparing reports and executive summaries with recommendations to the CEO and Senior Management Team for decision making.
- Supporting Craigwiel Gardens in the ongoing implementation of program delivery by promoting innovative and creative approaches in the delivery of high quality, value-added products.
- Supervising Administrative Assistants by determining work priorities and assignments, providing orientation and training, determining performance standards, and conducting performance reviews.
- As executive support to the management team, participating in planning senior management meetings on various issues and coordinating the implementation of management team decisions.
- Assisting the CEO in the implementation of strategies to create and sustain healthy, diverse, and effective workplaces and foster positive labour relations.
- Coordinating meetings like general staff meetings/activities, Residents’ Care Conferences, Tenants Association, Bargaining unit Consultations, etc. on behalf of the CEO.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will require a Current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen.
Interested Candidates should respond by email or fax as soon as possible, but no later than May 21, 2021to the attention of:
Ernie Harris – Chief Executive Officer
We thank all interested persons but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,029.00-$47,697.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Administrative: 5 years (preferred)