The Building Maintenance Person is responsible for general repairs and preventative maintenance of basic equipment as well as the physical building at MGH and other properties leased by MGH.
- Minimum of Grade 12 High School Diploma.
- Valid Trade Certificate from a recognized/accredited institution or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in a hospital or institutional environment preferred.
- Computer literacy with working experience of preventative maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to safely use hand and small power tools.
- Ability to interpret and use Blueprints and technical operating manuals.
- Self directed, team player with a customer focus.
- Good problem solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work at high altitudes.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Toronto East Health network - Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are resp onsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to Toronto East Health network's policies and practices.