Be real. Or adventurous. Or both.
At Hardbite, we craft great tasting natural snacks that inspire people to go beyond. As our company has grown, so have our product lines… yet our passion for quality has never wavered. We need team members who share our passion for high quality, all natural, and adventurous snacks.
The 5 words that best describe us are:
We know that’s six, but we also like to push limits and go beyond expectations.
We’re independently owned & operated… and proudly Canadian to boot.
We have an opening for Quality Assurance Technician, the successful candidate will comply with regulatory requirements, food safe, and ensure procedures and processes are being followed and documented.
The ideal candidate has exceptional communication and organizational skills, is energetic, a team player, and thrives in a growing entrepreneurial environment.
· Perform pre-operation checks prior to production
· Collect finished product samples in production areas for analysis
· Perform Finished Product Testing (Sensory and Analytical)
· Ensure raw materials and finished products meet specifications standards
· Perform duties and verification of in-process and finished products in food production areas
· Monitor S.O.P.’s and Finished Product Specifications with established procedures and standards
· Monitor compliance to Company’s quality programs including GMP, Food Safety, Sanitation, and Hygiene
· Conduct Corrective Action Reports
· Assist in record keeping management
· Adhere to audit compliance
· Critical Control Point verification
· Assist in development of food safety and quality programs
· Calibrate programs and troubleshoot optical sorter
· Assist in R&D projects
· Audit and maintain required inventory of QA department supplies and equipment
· Conduct routine and spot facility inspections
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to write concise technical reports
· Accurate data entry
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Must be detail- and goal-oriented
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of GMP and HACCP programs
· Adept at Excel, Word, and other computer software
· Must be available to work the graveyard shift 9:00 PM – 5:30 AM Monday thru Friday FT
· This position requires successful completion of a clear background check
· Our operations facility is a 20-minute walk to the closet bus stop
We offer a competitive wage and every position at Hardbite comes with benefits, including extended health and dental coverage (when eligible) and, of course, chips!
Come join our team and explore what’s real!
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to learn more about who we are!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift