Strong PLC, robotics and control wiring background. Writing and debugging of PLC and Robotic programs. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair 24 volt or less industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls under the direction of the Plant Manager.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Test electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records in accordance standards established by the company.
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot welding equipment. (mig and spot).
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Must understand PLC ladder logic and text based logic programs.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and program articulated robots.
- Programming automation and control systems
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design
- Perform programming, simulation, testing, and start-up
- Design, develop, and program new PLC systems
- Perform programmer duties on projects.
- Data mapping requirements for industrial control applications, creating “interface control documents” (ICD’s) that provides data mapping between systems, when required.
- Responsible for programming, start-up and debug of automated-assembly lines
- Act as programming technical lead when required
- Debug / repair equipment
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing
- Develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion and start-up
- Work closely with manufacturing to maximum cycle times
- Write PLC logic
- Interpret mechanical sequence
- Other duties and projects as required by your Manager.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or industry diploma in PLC programming, industrial electrical and robotics equipment.
- Trade certification or Apprenticeship an asset.
- 3-5 years work experience in the electrical and/or robotics programming field.
- Previous experience with Beckhoff Controls, Structured Text programming and Indusoft HMI software an asset.
- Previous experience with Kuka, Mitsubishi, Nachi, Moto Man and Panasonic robotic equipment an asset.
- Understanding of all aspects related to manufacturing of Automotive stamping, welding, processing and automation.
- Strong understanding of Safety protocols including OHSA
- Good understanding of the production environment, good analytical and math skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in team setting and ask for expertise of others when needed
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain timing deadlines.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Programming: 3 years (Preferred)