Mayk Ideas is currently seeking a Projects Intern (Social Media)– a full-time role in Toronto or St. Jacob’s, Ontario – and there’s only one qualification: you have to be ready for anything. Supporting the Chief Creative Officer, you will assist with social seeding, manage social media channels, drive traffic and much more. That may be a tall order, but you can’t enjoy victory without breaking a sweat.
Who are we? We are a growing marketing agency based in Toronto and that said, working here means having to do a bit of everything and a lot of something. Our clients are challenger firms/brands. We strive to create ground-breaking work that drives sales on every project, for every brand and every client. Whether the brand or client is big or small, they always know what to expect from our agency: innovative ideas, commitment, consistency and passion.
- Post on social media and relevant online communities
- Drive traffic to website, landing pages, social media, and apps
- Use social media to scale organic user acquisition
- Test and optimize marketing tactics for user acquisition and conversion rate optimization
- Test and measure paid acquisition channels (Facebook ads and Google AdWords)
- Brainstorm marketing and product ideas to incentivize engagement and referrals
- Create content for social media platforms; draft blog content
- Organize and maintain a catalog of usable social media/site content
- Work with a team on maintaining a content creation calendar
- Help solidify our Fall campus outreach strategy
- Assist with analyzing and interpreting social media data to deliver better results and improve reach
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss key items related to best practice and current projects and deliverables
- Adhere to the requirements/expectations outlined by their manager and the Managing Partner
- Collaborate with marketing and PR team to create a consistent look across all communication
- Occasionally reach out to/organize social media influencers who will be working with our brand
1. Technical Capacity
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Customer Focus
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Results Driven
6. Strategic Thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an internship role based in Toronto, ON.
This position may require travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Pursuing College/ University Degree or any other relevant courses
- Knowledgeable about referral marketing and being able to create viral growth
- Understands how to build followings on Instagram and TikTok
- Photo and video editing knowledge preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research using the internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to deal courteously and effectively with people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle all interactions with diplomacy and tact
Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter, responding to the following questions in the body of your cover letter:
1. Give us a two or three sentence summary about your academic and/or professional background.
2. Tell us about a specific accomplishment from your background that explains how you fit with our candidate description above.
3. Tell us about a special project you worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.
4. Do you have any suggestions to make these kinds of projects run properly?
Please remember to submit your resume, cover letter and include answers to the questions above. There is no word limit, but we’d prefer that you limit your answers to one page. Use the following format as the subject line for your submission "[Your Name] – [Role Title] Application".
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $1,500.00 /month