Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
Sitting at a projected 800,000 square feet, Aurora Sky will be one of the world's largest and most technologically advanced cannabis production facilities ever built. The Sky project is a highly automated hybrid-greenhouse built using the expertise of Aurora’s extensive cannabis experience while utilizing advanced Dutch engineering principles.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION, WEST
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Director of Production, West to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, the Senior Director of Production, West is responsible for overseeing various departments as well as developing and implementing standard processes. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day management oversight to the production leadership team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Properly document ROI for all initiatives that require a financial investment.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the production departments, including but not limited to: workforce analysis, financial, quality and safety reporting.
- Accountable for capacity planning and scheduling, commodity and purchasing forecasts, change management reports (job trending) and building and maintaining customized revenue throughput vs. utilization report/matrix.
- Execution, communication and implementation of tactical initiatives required to achieve Aurora’s growth strategies. Plan capital expenditures over a long term range.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance production leadership team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the production leadership team.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the organization.
- Collaborate with the management team to establish operational processes/process improvements
- Manages annual operating budgets and timely and accurate financial reporting
- Advise the executive team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions
- Monitor operational processes and recommend process improvements for greater cost efficiency
- Lead and manage the team members
- Train, coach, guide, direct, develop and empower direct reports using leadership & management skills, as well as company-wide processes, tools and resources
- Oversee and manage production associated with all related properties including, but not limited to vendor relations; asset procurement; permitting; venue management/relations; on-site staffing and volunteer management.
- Actively lead and support a positive, proactive, results-oriented work culture that is regarded by peers and stakeholders as innovative and demonstrative of company’s culture, values and desire to super serve
- Develop effective client relationships to facilitate communication with internal departments
- Looks over scripts and discusses production ideas with management teams and senior production employees
- Develops and maintains production budgets and schedules
- Oversees various departments including Harvest, Bottling, and Packaging
- Makes changes to the budget and schedule as required
- Negotiates costs with suppliers
- Ensures the production complies SOP’s, GMP, and Health and Safety requirements
- Obtains any necessary approvals and risk assessment reports
- Provides coaching support to the production supervisors to achieve internal and external customer expectations
- Monitors and communicates daily production requirements
- Monitors data collection and analysis for process mapping, developing budgets and costing analysis to determine project feasibility
- Reviews and conducts root cause analysis data to troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation
- Resolving work problems and recommending measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Develop and conduct continuous improvement compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive and sustain results
- Monitor and evaluate key process indicators
- Lead, motivate and promote employees within area of responsibility. Manage the performance and development of direct reports, conduct performance appraisals and goal setting agreements as per Aurora performance management processes, succession planning, personnel development, identify training needs and measures
- Promote and advocate for quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization
- Ensure communication among the shifts is seamless and standardized including a set of weekly toolbox meetings for each shift, delivered by the Team Leaders; including safety topics, corporate messages, and procedural updates, etc.
- Execution of the weekly Production Plan, including labour load leveling, overtime management and variance tracking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years in dynamic work field and international environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in an Operational Management role or other related management experience
- Great understanding of operational processes in a facility environment
- Specialization in developing and implementing automated pick/pack/fulfillment systems
- Experience in a manufacturing or pharmaceuticals environment considered a strong asset
- Analytical process view and able to document processes in process-flow
- Computers and technology oriented, advanced in Excel
- Experience at responding to complex and stressful situations and resolving issues positively
- High degree of ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Experience is using technology; multiple computer systems and programs
- Able to follow and uphold standard operating procedures precisely and consistently; detail oriented
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter with good judgment and can proactively manage up where appropriate
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Operations excellence and continuous improvement oriented
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to sort, prioritize, retain and analyze information
- Ability to document relevant information correctly and completely
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, use judgment and remain calm
- You have reliable transportation to work
- Able to pass a background screening mandated by Health Canada
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dutch (Preferred)