As soon as Possible
Hourly rate ($18.98- 22.11) – depending on qualifications and experience
(Casual position) on call
July 20, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Langley Community Services Society is a well-established and respected agency that has been serving the
community for over 50 years. We are a dynamic, passionate, curious, and energetic team dedicated to
enriching the lives of Langley residents. We believe that people and culture are our strongest assets, and
our core values revolve around Inclusion and Diversity, Integrity and Respect, Dedication and Excellence
and Collaboration and Partnerships. We are looking for a likeminded individual to join us!
The Administrative Assistant I provide a variety of reception and general clerical support in the head office
of the Society and is the first impression of the organization. Maintains various records, files and related
filing systems. As part of the team, the Administrative Assistant I meet and greets clients and the public and
also provides clerical support to Program Managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phone and /or in person inquiries and routes to appropriate staff members as required.
Provides other support duties related to program areas such as providing information to clients
- Greets client/suppliers/visitors to the Society in a professional and friendly manner
- Assists with client intake by obtaining basic information, assisting in completing forms and
booking appointment with staff in accordance with established guidelines
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail/deliveries
- Provides data input support such as correspondence, meeting minutes, forms, client
information, updating database and sending reports as required, such as client letters and
- Maintains and updates general information and referral resources for the programs including
ensuring supply of up-to-date handouts and resource material are available in the public
- Distributes and posts printed information for clients, families, staff and others
- Performs general data entry functions such as inputting information into databases and contact
lists. Maintains and updates filing, supplies, mailing lists
- Arranges meetings, schedules appointment, books rooms for meetings. Prepares agendas and
takes minutes at meetings as required.
- Ensures that office, meeting rooms, kitchen and other areas are maintained in a clean and tidy
- Performs general word processing and typing from rough draft or general instruction, including
correspondence, forms and documents
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, fax equipment and
multiline switchboard and postage meter
Education, Training and Experience:
- Takes inventory, orders and receives materials, supplies and services
- Grade 12 plus completion of a program of up to one year in secretarial training or office
- Minimum of 1 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of both
- Proven expertise in various word processing and office software programs, including Microsoft
- The Administrative assistant reports to the Program Manager.
skills, abilities, training
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural and diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to type 50 words / minute.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Familiar with using databases and Microsoft office software.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to provide quality services in the reception
- Flexibility to work in an often-changing environment.
- This is a union position.
- This position is open to male and female applicants.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Please reply by August 3rd, 2021 with Cover Letter and Resume, quoting Posting Number ADMIN 01-
Greg Davis, Program Manager
5339 – 207 St, Langley, BC V3A 2E6
Please note that only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.