Centre Alpha STEM is a new education solution provider specialized in STEAM (Science, Technology Engineering, Art, Math). Our goal is to inspire kids to see their futures as inventors, entrepreneurs and innovators. We are proud to provide amazing hands-on STEAM courses to help our students learn differently, within a fun and motivating environment.
Are you passionate about working with kids?
Do you love solving problems and working with your hands?
Are you someone who enjoys sharing knowledge?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We're hiring instructors for hands-on learning classes, workshops and camps!
This is an ideal position for someone who is:
- looking for casual, part-time work
- available for 4-8-10 week semesters
- available during the afternoons, evenings and weekends
Our hands-on learning approach and passionate instructors create fun, engaging and supportive environments where kids learn through exploration and play!
Our exciting curriculum includes block-coding, LEGO robotics, Minecraft Education, video game design through UNITY and more.
Our instructor to student ratio is typically 1:6 or less.
We provide everything you need to successfully lead classes including supplies and equipment.
We also provide a fully prepared curriculum; however, we love when instructors use the curriculum as a jumping off point and bring their own ideas, creativity and expertise to their classes!
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience working with kids (ideally in group settings)
- knows how to positively engage kids in a classroom
- has experience in the service industry and understands the importance of customer service
- is a strong communicator and a confident presenter
- is flexible and can think on your feet
- has strong problem solving skills
- is able to work independently and as part of a team
- has a keen interest in S.T.E.A.M fields
- Clean police check to work with children (within last 6 months)
- A high school degree
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary program in the STEAM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math)
- Flexible availability (at least 1 evening and 1 day on the weekend)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)