At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The Department Manager acts as a Company representative to the team under their responsibility. They motivate, lead, guide, and train employees under their supervision. They play an active role in the achievement of store and Company objectives, in process improvement, and in problem solving. They also make sure that all customers benefit from exceptional customer service and can shop in a pleasant and safe environment.
- Supervise work according to set priorities and the Company’s requirements
- Resolve any issue that may arise while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Carry out merchandising duties according to the Store Manager’s directions
- Supervise the replenishment process
- Manage promotional activities according to sales
- Assist in recruiting staff for the department under their responsibility
- Determine work schedule while complying with the established labour budget and ensuring that customer needs are met
- Coach, encourage, and motivate employees
- Assist employees regarding work performance on an ongoing basis and apply corrective measures if required
- Participate in the performance assessment process and employee training, and follow up as necessary
- Follow the store’s policies and procedures on loss prevention and health and safety in the workplace
The qualifications we are looking for
You find sales and customer service motivating? You are passionate about team management and development, and you can exercise good judgment when setting priorities? Then you have what it takes to be part of our team! Previous experience will be considered an asset.
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.