Position: Accounts Receivable Collector (Bilingual)
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Postmedia Financial Services
Postmedia is the largest publisher by circulation of paid English-language daily newspapers in Canada, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams are bringing engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it. This exceptional content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
Postmedia Financial Services in Toronto is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Accounts Receivable team, in support of the Company’s operations.
Reporting to an Accounts Receivable Manager, the incumbent will be a member of our Accounts Receivable team in Toronto. The scope of the Company’s operations will present varied assignments requiring the incumbent to be technically capable and highly adaptable. The following is a summary of the primary functions and responsibilities of this position:
- Daily collection calls to Postmedia single copy newspaper customers;
- Review and distribute invoices where required;
- Manage consolidated billing for specific clients;
- Fulfill internal and external customer requests;
- Follow up on all discrepancies and resolve customer account issues in a timely manner;*
- Liaise with Reader Sales and Service department to resolve discrepancies and provide adjustments as required;
- Review and recommend process improvements resulting in collections performance improvement and efficiency;
- Support co-workers; and
- Perform other collection related duties and assist with ad hoc projects.
- 5+ years collection experience;
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS Office products – specifically good working knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Well developed customer service skills, with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both French and English
- Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders and build credibility with customer contacts and sales department;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work with deadlines with a keen sense of urgency and attention to detail;
- Highly organized, able to work independently as well as take direction;
- Experience creating timely, accurate and focused communications;
- Previous experience in the Publishing, Digital or Media industries would be considered assets.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a résumé and cover letter quoting posting number COR-20-1 no later than December 13, 2019.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- collections: 5 years (Preferred)