Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
At Waste Management, we know it takes a lot of hard work to keep our trucks safe for the road. We also recognize the costs associated with schooling to get your licence and build your toolbox full of valuable tools. That’s why WM developed a program for Apprentice Truck & Coach Technicians to provide you with the work experience and tools you need to grow into a successful and skilled Technician.
You’re not going to find this anywhere else! Interested? Keep reading about WM’s Technician Apprentice Program…
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN THE PROGRAM:
- A brand new, fully loaded, Snap-On Tools toolbox, valued at $10,000 to use throughout your Apprenticeship with WM, that will become yours to keep after obtaining your 310T Licence
- Annual tool, uniform and boot allowances to keep you in tip-top shape in the shop
- Competitive hourly pay rate, excellent benefits and lucrative warranty incentive bonus program
- Exposure to exciting technology you won’t find elsewhere, such as hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics and even natural gas-fueled trucks
- Unparalleled learning opportunities to use your knowledge to develop skills that will put you on a fleet maintenance career track with an industry leader
Our Technicians pride themselves on doing the work right the first time and we look for this same sense of personal ownership of work when considering new members for our team. We offer on-the-job training and encourage continuous learning and higher education to keep skills up to date.
As an Apprentice, you will assist in the repair and adjustment of equipment, perform minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services in accordance with established safety procedures.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE CONSIDERED?
- Successful completion of a Pre-Apprenticeship Schooling program, or MAP32 Program for Truck & Coach Technician licence, within the past 2 years
- 18+ years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid SIN
- Eagerness to learn and driven to improve technical skills within a team environment
- A Mechanical aptitude and safety focused mindset
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment medical, employment verification and criminal background search
WM cares about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our employees. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you!
Submit your application now for this unique opportunity with Waste management.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Waste Management welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Careers at Careers@wm.com