Job title :
Interior Health is looking for a casual Administrative Assistant to join our vibrant team at the Community Health Service Centre in Kelowna, BC. If you love a fast-paced environment and want to work for a fantastic organization, this is the position for you!
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support functions as required to all members of the Patient Care Quality Office (PCQO) team. Under the supervision of the Manager, PCQO and Patient Safety Investigations, responsibilities include answering the toll-free patient care quality telephone line to the public and in-taking complaints; entering complaint data into the Patient Safety Learning System (PSLS); uploading documents into PSLS; coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing correspondence for signature; typing, sorting, and distributing various confidential correspondence; and opening and screening incoming information. The Administrative Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through the office for all PCQO staff.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
- Five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs (eg. PSLS, Visio, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Sharepoint).
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – communicates effectively
- Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
- System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to type 60 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
- Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service when interacting with staff, patients & families, and members of the public.