Quinte Health Care (QHC) is a progressive and integrated system of four hospitals working with partners to provide exceptional care to their local communities.
Care is provided through four hospitals – Belleville General Hospital, North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, and Trenton Memorial Hospital – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three hospitals, a rehabilitation day hospital, children’s treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services. There are inpatient beds for acute medical patients, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, and surgery.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
We are looking for highly energized and self-motivated individuals to join our team! The primary role of the Assessment Center Clerk will be working with our Assessment Center teams to support the current COVID testing centers located in both Belleville and Trenton. There are both temporary part-time and temporary full-time positions available which will be up to a six-month contract.
- Post-Secondary School Education in medical secretary/medical transcription or equivalent combination of education (minimum of grade 12) and relative working experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Must have demonstrated typing and other basic clerical skills including computer/word processing, e-mail and faxing experience
- Answers telephones, takes and delivers messages, screens and re-routes calls: contacts individuals within and outside the Assessment Center’s as necessary.
- Completing registration for all assessments using Meditech.
- Locates and informs personnel of any requests for assistance received from patients and other departments.
- Under the direct supervision of the In Charge, calls staff re scheduling changes. Makes correct changes on staff time sheet.
- Performs order entry functions in Meditech, OPIS and other computer data input as necessary. Schedules all appointments through the Community-Wide Scheduling program.
- Performs clerical work for the Assessment Center, including the maintenance of patients’ charts and the ordering of adequate stationery supplies.
- Strong public relations/team communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including: Meditech, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be able to accept direction and work with minimum supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Rarely – lifting average 5-10 pounds’ maximum 15 pounds, carrying, pushing/pulling
- Required Often – prolonged sitting
- Required Occasionally – standing and walking on hard surfaces, bending/stooping
- Required Often – prolonged fine finger movements
- Required Frequently – gripping/grasping, eye/hand coordination
- Required Briefly – reaching with both hands