About Acid League
Acid League is an acid-driven food and drinks company with experimentation at its core. Founded by our interdisciplinary team of entrepreneurs and food scientists, we strive to bring culinary creativity to the curious home cook— merging gastronomy with gut health and refusing to compromise flavour or function. Since the summer of 2020 we have launched more than 65 products and been featured by publications such as Food & Wine, Forbes, Rolling Stone and Bon Appetit. Today our products can be found at national grocers across North America.
Acid League is looking to hire a Production Assistant. We are a fast-growing company looking for an individual with a passion for seeing their work on the shelves at grocery stores and in the hands of friends. Reporting directly to their Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate is an effective, adaptive worker with experience in food manufacturing environments with equipment ranging from completely manual to fully automatic. Attention to detail and product quality is critical for this role.
This role is part time and will take place primarily during standard day shift hours (within the hours of 7:00am-6:00pm), Monday to Friday. Regardless, the candidate may be called upon for afternoon shifts and/or weekend shifts as the need arises. The role will be on premises at our Mississauga location.
- Operating automatic and manual production equipment according to standard operating procedures according to work orders put forth by the Shift Supervisor. This includes but is not limited to:
- Making batches of products
- Operate bottling equipment
- Operating packaging equipment
- Maintaining a clean work environment and participating in shift-start and shift-end cleaning routines, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning and sanitizing machines, food preparation surfaces, equipment, etc.
- Taking out garbage, collapsing boxes
- General shop labour responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Using pallet trucks or human effort to move inventory within the factory floor.
- Wrapping and preparing skids for shipment
- Performing inventory counts, at room, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.
- Contribute ideas toward continuous improvement projects
- Maintain and support a collaborative and friendly work environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Be team oriented, self-motivated, and eager to learn
- Be comfortable learning how to operate various pieces of equipment, ranging from manual to fully automatic in a safe manner.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be energized by being responsible for putting things into the world
- Have the ability to perform tasks independently
- Must be able to lift 40lbs and stand for extended periods
- Must be flexible with scheduling
We strongly encourage individuals from communities that are underrepresented in the packaged foods or manufacturing industries to apply for this position. We see diversity and inclusion as a core strength for business, and society, and we strive to make Acid League a great place for all to work.
Part-time hours: 8-24 per week
Job Type: Part-time
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear facemasks, perform the Ontario Worker and Employee Screening form prior entry to any facility, self-report an infrared forehead temperature, and sign in each day