French Door Winery is a small organic winery located in Oliver BC. We are an estate winery focused on low tonnage from our 20 year old vineyard using all-round low intervention practices.
- Tractor operations including but not limited to spraying, mowing, cultivating, weeding.
- Maintaining the irrigation
- Hand work (sucking, thinning, tucking, pruning, tying, ect)
- General vineyard and trellis maintenance.
- Pre-harvest sampling
- Assisting in receiving, sorting and processing fruit
- Operate crusher/de-stemmer, press, conveyer, and pump,
- Racking juice, filling, topping and stirring barrels,
- Perform punch downs, pump-overs, delosage
- Pre/during/post ferment additions
- Monitor and record density and temperature, as needed,
- Removing pomace from tanks and presses,
- Operation of a forklift
- Accurate record-keeping on work orders
- General cleaning and sanitization of winery and winery equipment.
- A variety of other tasks
- Willing to work long hours including evenings and weekend
- Be focused and have attention to detail
- Follow and respect the health and safety protocols
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and remain standing for prolonged periods of time
- Able and comfortable to work with heights (catwalks & ladders)
- legally permitted to work in Canada
- Forklift experience
- worked 1-2 harvests and/or relevant enology/viticulture education
- Confined space training
- First Aid any level
- Lab experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oliver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)