If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Director of Environmental Services is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Director of Environmental Services your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Planning coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities within the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments.
- Completing routinely scheduled preventative maintenance procedures to ensure the safe operation of equipment and building systems, the proper operation of fire safety equipment and, that compliance is met with the applicable legislation. This includes regular inspection, evaluation and appropriate documentation records of the physical condition of the Care Community and its contents, as well as the external grounds.
- Preparing budgets, and other administrative guides, developing inventories of laundry, housekeeping and maintenance supplies and equipment, and selecting and requisitions new or replacement supplies and equipment.
- Acting as a liaison for the community, communicates with outside contracted service providers to ensure work is completed as required and contracts are maintained appropriately.
- Working with outside agencies and ensures that inspections and investigations are completed in accordance with appropriate legislation and authoritative bodies.
- Participating in the recruitment, team member and labour relations, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions of the Long Term Care Community for respective department Team Members.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus points for having:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Related educational background or certificate, and experience in environmental services and building trade.
- Experience with minor building repairs, plumbing, electrical and grounds maintenance.
- Must have basic computer knowledge including word and excel.
- Must have vehicle and valid BC driver’s license. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of the requirements of The Long-Term Care Homes Act, Standards and Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statues which influence the operation of the Long Term Care Community and more specifically those which affect the fire and general safety and maintenance aspects of the operation.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Experience working in a Long Term Care setting is desirable.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.